iFuel Live is an intelligent pit strategy tool that gives you visual and audible feedback on when you should pit and how much fuel you should take, based on your preferred strategy. iFuel Live monitors your fuel usage per lap, so there is no need to manually enter information – calculations are made on-the-fly! iFuel Live works by looking for fuel use consistency between a few consecutive laps in order to determine your pit windows. You can set your thresholds for this consistency in order to get an earlier reading. From our testing, when you set a higher/wider threshold, you get a higher fuel-per-lap number. This is not necessarily a bad thing as it will give you a more conservative strategy and is great for novice and intermediate drivers who aren”t yet laying down consistent laps, but as you improve, you”ll want to tighten up the thresholds, which will give you a fuel-per-lap number closer to one you will see lap after lap. If the laps you run are consistently (there”s that word again!) within a second or so of each other – regardless of oval or road courses – you should be using fuel at a rate that would fall in to the default settings.
- Choose from early or late pit strategies (more coming soon!)
- Run iFuel on another monitor as a live fuel pitbox or use iFuel”s built-in text-to-speech prompts
- Calculates fuel usage on-the-fly and gives you real-time feedback on your chosen fuel strategy
- Practice and qualify session blackout option
- iFuel makes a great companion to iBuzzer
- Better fuel and pit tracking
- Specify your own sounds & phrases
- An “Even” strategy which divides the race in to equal parts
Known bugs and issues:
- Some options may not be persistent and must be selected each time you use iFuel (Voice prompt and Practice/Qualify Blackout)
For faster processing, please be sure to include your iRacing Member ID when ordering iFuel Live.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.